Mark is heavily involved in the building industry community service. He is an active member of the Wake County Home Builders Association and has previously served on the board of directors. He also served on the board of directors for Wake Country Parade of Homes.
Mark is very generous with his free time giving to many charitable organizations and participating in numerous fund raising projects. He worked with Habitat for Humanity in 2004 and 2006, rebuilding homes in Gulfport, Mississippi with the Baptist Church Men. In 2008, Mark worked to raise money for the a wing in the children’s ward at WakeMed. Currently, Mark is building The Million Dollar Dog House to benefit the SPCA.
Through hard work, perseverance, and a perceptive sense of customer satisfaction Mark has built an award winning company. J.M. Davis Custom Homes Inc. has won many accolades including the following:
- 1998, 1999, 2011, 2012 Parade of Homes Gold Award
- 2005 Parade of Homes Silver Award
- 2003, 2006 Parade of Homes Bronze Award
- MAME 1999 Gold and Silver Awards
- HBA Presidential Award for Outstanding Services, 2005
- HBA Achievement Award, 2005
- Building Company of the Year, 2009
- Green Builder, 2009